Endangered Animals I Encountered in the Safari Zoo

Endangered Animals I Encountered in the Safari Zoo


The Safari Zoo visit was a memorable experience in my life. Last year, I took a break from my hectic office schedule and planned a visit to the Safari Zoo. I encountered various species of endangered animals in this zoo. Some of them are Ramses the Cheetah, Bubbles the Elephant, Ahren the Eagle, Hercules the Liger, Stripes, Chimpanzees, and Gibbons. Before visiting this zoo, I had gone through the Myrtle Beach Safari Reviews. To my surprise, I found these animals to be very interactive.

Endangered Animals that Caught My Attention

If I haven’t visited the Safari Zoo, it would have been a great miss. I was greatly surprised when I saw the wild animals roaming freely in their natural habitat. It sheds the traditional notions of a zoo visit. Apart from this, Safari Zoo also made us aware of the importance of animal conservation. The endangered animals in the Safari Zoo that caught my attention are listed as follows:

Ramses the Cheetah: 

It is one of the fastest animals on earth. I got to know from our tour guide that Ramses was adopted from South Africa. It is mostly known for its natural ability of speed. It can run up to 60 mph. However, after running, Ramses needs about an hour break to regain its energy.
Elephant

Bubbles the African Elephant: 

This female African elephant is 34 years old. It weighs at about 9000 pounds. I was hugely surprised owing to its interactive nature. The tour guide told me that Bubbles was rescued in the early 1980s from the hands of poachers. The hunters used to launder illegal ivory from poached elephants. The Safari Zoo gave shelter to Bubbles while taking its utmost care.

Hercules the Liger: 

This is another interesting creature I came across in the Myrtle Beach Safari. This animal is a unique blend of a tiger and a lion. It weighs more than 900 pounds. Hercules feeds on 20 pounds of chicken every day. It runs at about 50 mph and is also very efficient in swimming. In recent times, there are only a few numbers of ligers worldwide.

Ahren the African Fish Eagle: 

This elegant bird was rescued from Tanzania. Thereafter, Ahren has undergone several months of medical quarantine. Ahren is eye-catching to individuals owing to its unique plumage, barbed feet, and iconic cry. I heard a lot about this fish eagle in the Myrtle Beach Safari Reviews, and I found it no wrong.
Fish Eagle

Stripes: 

It is a kind of wolf pup that is only found in the Safari Zoo. I loved the Wild Encounters Tour because of them. These soft, cuddly, and cute creatures are intriguing in every aspect. These lovable puppies prefer to play and chase each other.

Visiting the Safari Zoo was a memorable experience for me. All these endangered creatures fascinated me to the extreme. Myrtle Beach Safari is very different from other zoos. Plan a visit to the Safari Zoo, and get a chance to encounter the above-mentioned endangered creatures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Explore the wild in a safari at Myrtle Beach

Role of Bhagavan Antle in Animal Conservation

Cruelty Inflicted on Tigers all around the World